Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Happy 4th of July!!

Location: Chickfila Activity: Reading blogs while the kids play Idea: Make the girls 4th of July skirts Date: July 3rd!! I don't know about you, but a trip to Chickfila has nothing to do about fast food when my children are involved, it has the same length as a 5 course meal but much less table time. We go almost every Tuesday for family night because this place pulls out ALL the stops! Free food, balloon creatures, face painting, color station and I have yet to mention the usual play area...frankly it's a little much, perhaps they are over compensating because they give books in their kids
meals. But that's a whole different blog. So as my kids where enjoying circus d'Chickfila I was blog hoping looks for ideas and that's when I saw the cutest 4th of July skirts and as I slipped my Coke Zero I gave my self a pep talk that I could stop at the store, wash the fabric, and assemble 2 skirts full of ruffles before dawn. Starting around 10pm I finished at an undisclosed time. Dark circles under my eyes where worth how excited they where to see the completed project. There was no pattern so I'm going to make these again. I cut my skirt pieces larger so the front with the ruffles ended up smaller than the sample. And next time I make these it will not be in the middle of the night. During this project I was reminded of why I had to once implement the no ruffles after midnight rule!

No comments:

Post a Comment